As coders, unlike most other fields, we're encouraged to copy from each other.
Of course, I don't mean outright plaigiarism, but taking inspiration from
someone else's code / design or copying some bits is generally acceptable. I
love that about my field. 😍
People I've learnt from
I would like to acknowledge and thank the kind coders I've learnt or copied
from. I imagine this will become a huge list in no time.
- Real-Time Blog Post Views With Next.js and Firebase,
- Create A Newsletter with Next.js API Routes and Mailchimp,
Products that I use in my website
I mostly use opensource/free stuff.
- Next.js - React framework for hybrid static & server
- Vercel - Hosting service for Next.js
- GitHub - Version control
- SWR - React hooks for data fetching
- React Testing Library -
Easy and fun way to test my code
- MUI - React UI library
- Buttondown - Elegant tool for producing
- MDX - Tool to convert my Markdown + JSX posts to HTML
- Firebase database -
a cloud-hosted NoSQL database I use to store view counts
- Pexels and pixabay - Free
I also pay for some of the services I use.
- Hyvor Talk - a commenting platform ($5/month)